Thursday 16 September 2010

Isle of Patmos

Oh my God, now I've finally landed in paradise. This place is perfect, so much so that I've changed my ferry ticket and will stay an extra night here. Nikolas picked me up at the port as promised and took me to his place on the outskirts of the town. Skala is only a small town and the monastery isn't anywhere near as huge and dominatinng as I expected. The white houses of Hora are beckoning me from atop the hill - I'll visit in the morning. Nikolas' studios are great and even have little kitchens - I can imagine coming here for a week or two with Nadia and having a brilliant time. 

I went for a walk over the hill at the back to Meloi beach - took about 10 minutes. A  fantastic, secluded little cove with a handful of people enjoying the quiet beach, the water flat and calm. A yacht lay at anchor - what a great thing to do too, although it's almost a bit too cliched!

No comments:

Post a Comment