Sunday 12 September 2010

Jetlagged ...

Holed up in my room after flaking it a couple of hours ago - this jetlag is really hanging around. The cold and windy day has deteriorated to cold, wet and windy. I bought some supplies from a local Aldi-like supermarket: cheap ayran and some muesli bars, dried apricots, chocolates, baklava and a pudding. Pudding turned out to be excellent - rice pudd/creme caramel-style. So the streets of the town and the decks of the ferries are now washed with rain, and I've packed away my delicious dried apricots so I don't give myself a stomach ache. My plan is to watch Gallipoli tonight at 9 if they're showing it downstairs.


Every country, every nation is different but each one seems to function just fine in its own way. Things are less orderly here than in northern Europe but everyone's on the same page so it works. A ferry has just pulled up full of cars and sure enough, all three lines of cars are charging off at the same time with noone directing them. On a Hebridean ferry, the personnel would ensure that one line after another disembarked. I suspect the Turkish way results in more scrapes and bumps but ultimately, who cares?



I crossed between Europe and Asia twice today and I'll do it again once tomorrow. The weather report from further south seems much better than here - 26-28 and sunny instead of 20 and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment