Monday 13 September 2010

Still waiting...

Not 8am afterall! I'm having my first taste of TJs' slightly loose approach to planning. Apparently I'm going to Selcuk in the minibus like the annoying South Americans did yesterday, after the Troy tour has finished. So I wont be getting there until 7pm if I'm lucky. Nevermind, hopefully it wont make me as obnoxious as them. Just spoke to my darling Nadia - she's feeling rather flat and low on energy - I  hope she feels better again soon. Can't wait to see her in exactly one week's time.

I keep finding myself whistling Eric Bogle's The Band Played Waltzing Matilda. A haunting song and a very fitting account of the senseless slaughter that took place here 95 years ago. But the ending is obsolete - the young people are marching now on ANZAC Day and the legend has taken on a life of its own - I guess they'll still be marching in another 100 years and the legend will have morphed into something else altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment